8.02.2011

Views On The News Part. 2 (8/2/2011)

It's Tuesday! Which means i will continue my weekly "Views On the News!" Lots happening in the past week that was so lets get right to it:

1.) As we all know we "avoided" a debt crisis in the final hours before the country was set to default. A lot of the debate centered on cutting trillions in spending and creating revenue by raising taxes. Only one of those happened. With the debt deal not over you would think that we could get to other issues and move forward and at least one side would be happy. Wrong again. I haven't seen this many people upset after getting what they wanted since the debut of MTV's "Sweet Sixteen." The amount of bickering is also akin to another MTV classic "The Real World." I hear one side even went so far as to watch a scene from "The Town" to inspire them in these debt talks. I have a better video solution for them that inspires everyone to play along and shows how we can all work together:


2.) Quick trip to sports where the nomadic personality that is Randy Moss has decided to retire after a 13-year career. he was no doubt a phenomenal talent that changed the way teams drafted like never before and all while inspiring a slew of hip-hop references that only Stephon Marbury can relate too. While on the subject of sports we jump from one lockout to another as the NBA is taking its sweet time meeting with the players to start hammering out an agreement to get things moving. Meanwhile NBA superstars such as Deron Williams, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard and a host of others have already booked their flights to Europe and Asia. Which in the end teaches us a valuable lesson. Everyone in the world is willing to pay an exorbitant amount of money to watch a game.

3.) In music the world finally got what it has been waiting for. Jay-Z and Kanye West have teamed up and are going on tour together! Please, I know your brains can't handle this much awesomeness but I'm not finished! Not only  are they going on tour but apparently the union is so exclusive that they have put tickets out of the price range of everybody except New York Yankee fans. At $600 a pop this tour will definitely have it all as there has already been a slight rift between the two. And although they have admitted they can "get on each others nerves" sometimes they have put their differences aside for the sake of music and making an insane amount of money. It's still not as great as this collaboration if I must say:


4.) Shark week is back!!! Now, being completely honest I haven't caught a second of shark week on network cable in about 6 years. Not because of my crippling fear of the animal (that is a separate issue) but because I just haven't gotten the fuss (and I'm too poor for cable). That was before I watched this guy:
I must admit. That's pretty freaking cool.

5.) Usually i like to end on a different note. Setting aside the jokes to point out something that is on my mind or that I find really unique and cool. I turn my attention to my home state of Georgia. I'm a life long Atlanta Braves fan and last week All-Star catcher Brian McCann, known as one of the good guys of the sport, invited patients from the Rally Foundation to a game at Turner Field as special guests. One of those guests, 10-year old Lily Anderson sang the national anthem before the game and as Peter Moylan put it afterwards it was "the longest standing ovation he'd ever seen." Check out that clip here: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/lily-andersons-inspiring-national-anthem/

Great stuff indeed. Alright cool music time!
Steel Train! Watched them last December before a "Fun." concert. Great band. Learn more here: http://www.steeltrain.net/site/

1 comment:

  1. $600 for tix to see Jay-Z and Kanye play whose lyrics are more clever? Umm...I'll pass.

    Good views bro, love the "Fraggle Rock" vid too. Funny.

    ReplyDelete