8.18.2011

I'm Back! California Dreaming

So after a week long hiatus (okay it was longer) I decided to go off the cuff and share with the happenings in the past week. I went to California! All of a sudden "California Dreaming" has popped into my head. Let me just say as a life long resident of the East Coast even I have to admit that California is one of the greatest places I've ever been to. Seriously, put the bias aside, if you haven't been you need to go and if you say a bad thing about the place without having visited there your opinion is as valid as a lying cousin. Don't act like you don't have one of those because I know you do. Some of the things I learned about California while on my visit are:

1.) They live by a different driving code. It is organized chaos at its finest but I agree with every move that was made on the road. Namely because everyone drove with a purpose. Which brings me to..

2.) Everyone has a purpose. Everyone has somewhere to be, something to do, and adventures to be...adventured. It's not like out East we have nothing to do. Its just the weather is so nice it makes it seem like more fun to do those things.

3.) I knew nothing about style before I left. My jeans (pants in general really) were funny, I missed out on hundreds of shirts because I was stuck in a world of solids, checkers, and stripes, and I finally understand what it truly means to be "put together" when building my outfit for the day. Now I'm a REAL boy.

4.) California has a ridiculous amount of good food. Don't get me wrong, I'm steadfast in my Southern roots, but the Pizookie I had in California was one of the few times I literally wanted to slap someone. That's a compliment you just don't know it yet. Speaking of things you don't realize, lastly...

5.) Use sunblock. I forgot and I paid for it with my scalp. Pretty sure the beaches in California shouldn't be legal. Is it a crime to be too beautiful?

Side note: Just gotta throw this out there...Katy Perry finally makes sense

All of these things I learned in about a week of being out there. Now for all of you who are saying "Well if you love it so much why don't you just move there?" To that I say...don't tempt me. I will say this though: I am back to writing and will have comedy here again on a consistent basis. Of course that can be good or bad depending on who you ask. The vast majority will mostly say good I'm sure. Followed by a chorus of slaps to your neighbor. PICS

Feeling myself a little too much in the new threads

East meeting West. (notice the choice in food) Disclaimer: In and Out is just as stellar a burger

My unbelievably amazing guide!







No comments:

Post a Comment